Study Medicine in Philippines
The world’s third largest English-speaking country.
Highest English literacy rate in Asia.
US System of Education.
- Quality medical education as recognized by World Health Organization (WHO), and silimar other bodies.
- Modern teaching methods with first-rate facilities.
- Affordable overseas degrees and tuition fees.
Doctor of Medicine in Philippines
- Philippine universities offer affordable medicine course packages compared to other countries.
- Affordable cost of living- students can focus on their studies rather opting for part-time jobs for their living.
- They follow American modern and advanced system of education, and the medium of learning is English as Philippines is the third largest English Speaking country in the world.
- The course is recognized by MCI (Medical Council of India), WHO (world Health Organization), IMED, ECFMG (Education Commission for foreign Medical Graduates) and many others.
- Upon Completion of intermediate or 10+2 (minimum of 50%) students are eligible to go for medicine. Students with Bachelors program can too enter 4 yr MD program provided they have taken Science subject.
- Great news for students pursuing their bachelors in science or in first year can also apply for medicine in Philippines.
- No SAT/TOEFL/IELTS required.
- No higher requirements for the Visa process.
Students do have better opportunities in many developed countries like USA, UK etc after certification Students can be directly enroll themselves for premedical course which is for 18 months and Mean while they will also study and get trained to take NMAT as required by CHED. Students just need to pass the exam and enter into Medicine course for 4 years.
Upon completion of 5yrs and 4 mths course students will be awarded with Bsc in Biology/Medical technology and doctors of medicine (MD) which is equivalent to MBBS in India. And student can start practicing in India upon the completion of screening test conducted by MCI..
1. How is the medical education in Philippines
Philippines follows the American system of education. It is one of the best education system in Asia. The medical course in Philippines is called the MD program [ Doctor of medicine] This is similar to that of USA, Russia, Ukraine and rest of Europe. The MD program is equivalent to MBBS of UK, India, Pakistan and other Commonwealth countries.
2. How is the weather in Philippines.
The Climate of the Philippines is tropical. There are 3 main seasons. rainy season cool and dry according to the locals however the temperature only rarely drops below 25 degree Celsius. Finally the hot and dry season.
3. When are the intakes usually?
The classes begin by the first week of November/April usually for medicine program as have two intakes.
4. What are the admission requirements and eligibility criteria for the course?
Citizen of any country is eligible to study in Philippines as a fee paying student for undergraduate and post graduate programs.
For undergraduate Medical program (MD), HSSC with min. 50% Marks in with Subjects in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
5. What is the total duration of this course..?
The total duration of this MBBS course is 5.5 years.
The first 16 months [1 year and 4 months] is called the Bachelor of Science program and focuses on building foundation for a strong medical education.
The next 4 year is the core medicine and clinical rotation.
6. Is there any local bodies who can help me in providing the overall info?
Yes, we have representatives all over Asia, Middle East and Africa. Please send your query to us and we shall send it to our local representative office and they would be getting in touch with you.
7. What is the total fee of this course… ?
The fee varies for each university, please do let us know your requirement or choice of universities and we shall send you the details accordingly.
8. What are the documents required for the admissions?
The photocopies of all relevant documents which are necessary for academic eligibility and proof are required for the admissions. You will get the list of documents at the time of enquiry.
9. Are the degrees offered by foreign universities recognized and World Health organization?
All the medical colleges and university present in the list of WHO are recognized by WHO and are recognized by CHED [Commission for Higher education and development].
10. What is the medium of teaching in Philippines?
The world’s third largest English-speaking country. Highest English literacy rate in Asia. So the medium of instruction is English
11. How long will it take to get my student visa?
After you receive the school admission letter, it will take 2-5 weeks to get your student visa.
12. What types of hostels do the universities provide to international students?
Some universities specially provide girls’ hostel, boys’ hostel and the common hostels that anyone can apply
13. What are the labs and hospital where practice like?
The universities have their own first-class medical labs with pretty good facilities in the nationwide. And all the universities have the 3A comprehensive affiliated teaching and practicing hospitals approved by the Ministry of Health.
Request More Information
Topnotch offers exciting, unrivalled services. For information on our various services, contact our Counselor on phone nos. +91-984818824 , +91-9666655089 , +91-8885331212 , +91-8885331313 , +91-8885331414 on all working days between 10 AM and 8 PM (IST). or, email us at email@example.com with your full details, for more information.