TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. It measures the ability of non-native speakers of English to students utilize their skills of listening, reading, speaking and writing and is one of the most widely respected and recognized English-language tests in the world.
Most people who take the TOEFL test are planning to study at a university or college where English is the medium of instruction however the test is also used by immigration departments to issue residential and work visas, medical and licensing agencies for professional certification purposes as well as by individuals who simply want to assess their understanding of, and proficiency in, the English language.
For students planning on studying overseas, the TOEFL test helps prove that they have the English skills that will actually be needed in an academic classroom. Because the test is composed of 100% academic tasks and questions, many universities and colleges worldwide consider it to be one of the most appropriate tests of English to use when making their admissions decisions.
Preparation is key to getting a good TOEFL score. Investing time and effort in preparing for the exam is a critical element in the test taking strategy. GITA Academy offers quality TOEFL coaching that ensures students get the best possible preparation. Here are just a few of the reasons why students should choose to prepare for the TOEFL with GITA Academy:
- One of the largest and most successful global education companies with most experiencing trainers in assisting students and guiding them about their education options both in India and overseas.
- Vast experience in providing quality test preparation programmes for some of the most common standardized tests worldwide having helped several thousand students every year to successfully achieve their desired test scores.
- Experienced, qualified and professional faculty drawn from some of the most elite institutions in India all of whom have undergone a rigorous training schedule and who are subject to a regular and thorough evaluation process to ensure that their subject knowledge and teaching practices continue to be amongst the best in the industry.
- Thorough understanding of university entry requirements and admission processes worldwide with a vast network of partner institutions across the globe where thousands of students are placed annually having successfully achieved their desired test scores.
- Flexible and convenient schedules that suit students’ needs and requirements with small batch sizes that allows for personalized attention to ensure that every individual establishes realistic goals for score improvement, understands the key test concepts and is given comprehensive guidance on effective test taking strategies.
In addition, GITA Academy also offers all its students a comprehensive 5 Point Study Plan built around their needs and requirements. Students enrolling for TOEFL preparation with The GITA Academy will benefit from the ability to:
- Take a demo class before enrolling.
- Monitor progress through personalized review sessions after class hours.
- Improve test scores through extra tutoring and result orientated strategies.
- Enhance aptitude levels through customized question pools and strategic quiz tools.
- Revise from question banks that mirror the test exam.
GITA Academy TOEFL coaching centers adopt a number of powerful preparation methods:
- Content: GITA Academy uses the most relevant and frequently tested content helping its students to fully familiarize themselves with the TOEFL exam and to organize their time in an effective manner to achieve the best scores.
- Critical Thinking Strategies: GITA Academy constantly updates and customizes its study and reference material, along with practice test papers, to ensure that it is addressing students’ specific areas of concern. A personalized report that identifies areas of weaknesses and strengths is generated to help the student identify his or her testing patterns and work in a focused manner. GITA Academy result-oriented strategies enable students to increase both speed and accuracy.
- Essential Practice: GITA Academy collection of practice tests follows the same structure as the actual TOEFL exam. The realistic practice and extensive training, as well as test day tips and exam strategies provided by expert instructors, enhance students’ confidence in preparation for the actual test.
- No Time Constraints: GITA Academy provides intensive classroom coaching with access to its in-house library and other centre resources. Classes are held two to four times a week with the provision of maximum flexibility in the timetables.
The TOEFL is done on a computer but is administered via Internet connection from where its name – TOEFL iBT (Internet Based Test) – comes. The test takes about four and a half hours to complete and consists of a variety of reading, listening, speaking and writing tasks.
During the test students will be expected to demonstrate their ability to combine all four skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing tasks. Students may, for instance, be asked to:
- Read, listen and then write in response to a question.
- Read, listen and then speak in response to a question.
- Listen and then speak in response to a question.
Structure of the TOEFL iBT
|Reading||60 – 80 minutes||36 – 56 questions||Read 3 or 4 passages from academic texts and answer questions.|
|Listening||60 – 90 minutes||34 – 51 questions||Listen to lectures, classroom discussions and conversations, then answer questions.|
|Speaking||20 minutes||6 tasks||Express an opinion on a familiar topic; speak based on reading and listening tasks.|
|Writing||50 minutes||2 tasks||Write essay responses based on reading and listening tasks; support an opinion in writing.|
TOEFL iBT Score Scales
Each of the four TOEFL sections (Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing) are scored out of 30. The composite (or overall) TOEFL score will range from 0 to 120 and is calculated by combining the TOEFL scores on each of the four sections.
|Reading||0 – 30||High (22 – 30) Intermediate (15 – 21) Low (0 – 14)|
|Listening||0 – 30||High (22 – 30) Intermediate (15 – 21) Low (0 – 14)|
|Speaking||0 – 30||Good (26 – 30) Fair (18 – 25) Limited (10 – 17) Weak (0 – 9)|
|Writing||0 – 30||Good (24 – 30) Fair (17 – 23) Limited (1 – 16)|
Fees and Costs
The cost to take the TOEFL is US$170
In addition to the cost of taking the TOEFL other charges may apply in certain circumstances:
- For late registration an additional charge of US$35 will apply
- For rescheduling a charge of US$60 will apply
- To reinstate a cancelled score costs US$20
The TOEFL exam fee is subject to change without notice. The above amounts are exclusive of the Value Added or similar taxes. Those taxes are payable in addition to the amount quoted.
Request More Information
Topnotch offers exciting, unrivalled services. For information on our various services, contact our Counselor on phone nos. +91-984818824 , +91-9666655089 , +91-8885331212 , +91-8885331313 , +91-8885331414 on all working days between 10 AM and 8 PM (IST). or, email us at email@example.com with your full details, for more information.